Andy Church posted this at Painter Factory 11/7/2013:
UPDATE 2 (Thursday November 7th, 12:30 pm ET)
We are now in the process of doing detailed testing in order to certify Painter X3 on OSX 10.9. Issues have been discovered and the following fixes are going through testing.
- Sliders will now appear correctly.
- Adding a nozzle to the library no longer causes the application to stop responding.
- Adding an image to the Image Portfolio no longer causes the application to stop responding.
- Capturing a pattern no longer causes the application to stop responding.
- The completion of purchasing X3 from a trial will no longer cause the application to stop responding
The team will also conduct final, rigorous testing and validate the fixes across all our supported languages.
Please note, when we release the Painter X3 Service Pack 1, it will include 20 other documented issues we uncovered after the release of Painter X3. The patch will be released within one to two weeks, depending on our final set of rigorous tests. We will update you with the final release date as we progress in the coming few more days.
With regard to Painter 12 users wanting to upgrade to Mavericks (OSX 10.9)
This is something we are exploring and will get back to the community with a subsequent update. The team is very consumed with 64-bit MAC support. As you may well appreciate, patching Painter 12 for Mavericks is somewhat at odds with getting 64-bit Mac out the door in 2014.
Your constructive comments are more than welcome.
If there is more later, I will keep you posted.