Guess what! We have a new tablet driver from Wacom. Sorry, I am a few days late; the new driver was available March 18. I did notice something strange. Usually Wacom leaves previous drivers on the site, but for some reason, the last driver from Feb 13 has been removed. You can find the new driver HERE.
Here is what Wacom says about the new update:
Driver supports Intuos5 (PTH), Intuos4 (PTK) and Intuos3 (PTZ) pen tablets and the Cintiq 24HD touch, Cintiq 24HD, Cintiq22HD, Cintiq 21UX, Cintiq 13HD, Cintiq 12WX, Cintiq 20WSX, DTH-2242, DTU-2231, DTU-1931, DTU-1631 and DTU-1031 pen displays.
Save the file to your computer and then double-click on it to launch the installer.
- Improved touch performance
- Fixed several issues releated to custom aplication settings
- Redesign of calibration reminder dialog
- Fixed a handedness issue with ExpressKeys
- Improved pan/scroll functionality in Autodesk SketchBook Pro 6
- Other enhancements and bug fixes
- Known limitations for Cintiq 13HD: Cintiq 13HD uses a new Wacom Display Settings utility to manage the display’s colors etc.. When Cintiq is one of multiple displays, the system display configuration must be set to “Extend these displays” while using the utility .
If you have any questions, please contact Wacom Technical Support at 800-922-6613.
A NOTE FROM ME:
I have been meaning to write a quick note about what’s going on with me. Well, I’ve waited so long to say anything, you may already know I have taken a sabbatical from teaching for a few months. I will be back at DAA with new classes in July. I’m still around in the forums and in other DAA classes. I had hoped I would have more time for my blog, but that hasn’t been the case…I seem to have less time.
Deciding what material to present on the blog is tough for me right now. I guess it is like writer’s block. If anyone, has a special topic that they would like to see on the blog, do let me know. It will probably goad me into action. 🙂
OK…go get your Wacom Driver and look for classes from me around July.
“Hey, don’t close. I’ve got questions.”
“Don’t you always, Kevin? Look, if you are going to live here rent-free, you need to make yourself invisible.”
“I am to our Public, but I’m working on being visible on the blog”
“Good grief, what next. You said you had a question or questions.”
Kevin pumped up as good as a good virus could and asked, “Am I on sabbatical, too?”
“Bollocks to that! Go bounce around and leave me in peace.”
OK friends, that’s it for now.
Don’t forget to get your Wacom Tablet Drivers,